24/7 numbers for immediate, anonymous phone support are here
As of March 23rd, 2020, I will be available by appointment online (video) or for telephone sessions Wednesdays through Saturdays, from 3pm to 8:30pm (end time). I will be updating my plan to restore in-person sessions alongside this. Contact me to find out more.
Read on to learn about my general approach to the current pandemic and the kinds of therapeutic support I offer
In my in-person and teletherapy practice over the next coming weeks and months, I will continue to offer trauma-informed relational, emotion-focused, somatic (yogic, sensorimotor) and narrative ways of
- calming the nervous system and listening to the body’s innate, moment to moment adaptability and resilience;
- listening and responding in particular to the body’s changing messages about comfort, needs, abilities
- creating ‘elbow room’, from and between the different voices (or parts) that are anxious and reacting to anxiety in order to witness them more clearly
- changing the internal dialogue you have with yourself in order to better to help you through the unknown
- moving from abstraction to experience; decompressing feelings and emotion, exploring and clarifying their meaning, enhancing their ability to orient you more precisely to changes in your life;
- disentangling and discerning internal messages from media narratives and other dominant discourses about health, safety or vulnerability, as well as enhanced systemic/structural pressure
- restoring your somatic (embodied) sense of self as you move through medical and other institutions
- re-establishing your role(s) and identities in relationships, family, community and life in general; identifying your path, vocation and what is possible that best fits your preferred ways of being
- strengthening and developing communication and other practices of intimacy with others across physical and social distance
- confronting, grieving and living through loss
…and more as it unfolds daily for you and those close to you.
Connect with me to talk more about what happens next (current clients) or to set up our work together (new clients). More information about the logistics of my practice (e.g. format, availabilities) is here.